Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Christine McVie!

(I have no idea why Christine didn't go back to her maiden name, Perfect, after her divorce from John. Perfect is just such a fabulous last name!)



The oldest member of any of her Fleetwood Mac bandmates throughout the group's forty-plus years, she turned 66 today! As most of you know, Fleetwood Mac has been out on a greatest hits tour (sans Christine) since March. Chris hasn't been with them since their reunion tour, The Dance, which was in 1997.
I think she's perfectly happy living in England, occasionally doing her own music thing, and living a quiet life. Definitely a drastic change from her vodka tonic, cocaine filled days during the '70s and '80s.

She did write some great songs for Fleetwood Mac. Some of my favorites from her are "Why" (pre-Lindsey & Stevie joining), "Over My Head", "Songbird", "You Make Lovin' Fun"... oh heck, I like all of her contributions to FM with the exception of "Don't Stop" - I skip this one when it comes on on my iPod. The Bill Clinton inaugration pretty much ruined it for me. :(


Here's a pretty fabulous video that you should probably check out :)



Oh, and one last picture!!

3 comments:

Malcolm said...

I think I am one of the few guys who prefers Christine over Stevie Nicks. Christine has that combination of coolness and tenderness that appeals to me. My favorite Christine-led Fleetwood Mac song is "Love In Store".

classicrockforthesoul said...

@ Malcolm - Thanks for stopping by! I love "Love in Store" also. She contributed so much to the band which kind of got overshadowed by Lindsey and especially Stevie with all her dancing and twirling on stage. But Christine really is a great songwriter.

classicrockforthesoul said...

Oh, here's a video you might be interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRO5_NkmjU

"Love in Store" live from the Mirage tour. Love it! :)

Post a Comment

Tell me something interesting! Leave a comment or email me: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com :)