Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day & Mama

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on cover songs - it was interesting to read all your comments!

First of all, I hope everyone had a splendid Memorial Day weekend. And I hope you all took some time yesterday to think about all the men and women of our military who make the ultimate sacrifice for us every day.
I know this is a day late (it was a very long, hectic & tiring weekend), but I encourage you to take two and a half minutes to watch this video. And don't worry about what news channel this comes from because supporting our troops (past and present) isn't about political parties. I don't care if you're white, black, green or red or Democrat or Republican... we all need to support our troops and remember everything they do for us that we don't do for ourselves. They're risking their lives overseas so that we can live freely (well, for now...) here in the greatest country on Earth (again, for now...). It won't let me embed, but here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGzVkOcJYEM

In other news, it's one of my favorite artist's birthdays soooo Happy Birthday to Stevie Nicks!

She's 61 today and still one of the greatest rock and roll women ever!

Oh and in other (minor) news... Adam Lambert (runner-up of American Idol this season) is apparently joining Queen? But also is considering an offer from KISS? So which is it? Who cares? I for sure don't. This kid doesn't know one thing about what it takes to be frontman, a very important job, for either band and surely isn't talented enough to join them (in my humble opinion, of course). I don't care how good he is.

I think that's about it for now... I feel like I'm behind in R&R news as well as everybody's blogs and I was only gone for four days. I'm going to be so behind when I jet off to London in a couple of weeks! Somehow I think I'll be okay with that though. ;)

P.S. You didn't think I was going to end without a video of La Nicks, did ya? It is her birthday after all. So, without furthur ado, here's a pretty kickass and speeded up version of "Rhiannon" from way back in 1976 on The Midnight Special.
I can't decide which I like better: Lindsey's guitar solo starting at 3:05 or Stevie's last-minute (literally) freakout with her crazy vocal shenanigans (remember, this was only Year #2 of hard drugs for little Stevie).
Again, won't let me embed so go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py3w5fttedA

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Stevie Nicks is 61? Man, it's true that "even children get older." Oh, shit--that means "I'm gettin' older, too."

Post a Comment

Tell me something interesting! Leave a comment or email me: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com :)