Monday, February 1, 2010

Call me crazy

Okay guys, call me temporarily crazy... but there were two performances I actually liked last night on the Grammys.

Good things:
1. Lady GaGa & Elton John's medley of "Speechless" and "Your Song" - I thought this was really cool. And I'm the first to profess my hatred of Lady Gagme. But for whatever reason, this performance got me.
2. Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy" and "You Oughta Know" (Alanis cover) - I gotta rep my hometown girl. But really, this performance just rules:





Now onto the bad:
1. The autotune was crampin' my style.
2. The winners. I mean, really?
3. Taylor Swift & Stevie Nicks. I had known about that for a few days (Stevie was supposed to be a "surprise") and Stevie is my girl crush, but ohemgee. That was bad. I think the general consensus was that Taylor was off key for "Rhiannon" and couldn't really get into it, but yeah. I don't know. I don't think those two voices are meant to sing together. Just really awkward for me. But Waddy was holdin' it down alright! :)

Thoughts?

7 comments:

Sean Coleman said...

Sounds like the music industry has been wheeled into the trauma unit and the attending physician is prepping the defibrillator paddles.

Clear! BZZZZZZZZZZT!!

drewzepmeister said...

That about sums it all, Sean!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I haven't watched the Grammys in years--the musicians I care about aren't recognized, except maybe in that "alternative country" category where Lucinda Williams, Lyle Lovett, Emmylou Harris and Steve Earle live.

Whizkid said...

Grammys? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

bearockr said...

I do agree that the performances were so amazing, and that's why I regret a bit for not having watched it, but looking up the music being awarded, I agree with Whizkid !

JohnnyG said...

You are crazy...

kanishk said...

I do agree that the performances were so amazing,
Make Beats

Post a Comment

Tell me something interesting! Leave a comment or email me: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com :)