Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hi, remember me?

I'm that girl that neglected her blog because her classes have been neglecting her.
My bad, guys. My bad.

I'm back. Now that all the Grammy nonsense (and that really awk Taylor Swift/Stevie Nicks duet) is over with, let's talk about some news that dropped today... Crossroads Fest 2010!!!!
You guys have to check out that link. This is Eric Clapton's massive gathering of the best guitarists for a huge one day festival. This year it's June 26th (my brother's birthday!) and the lineup is out of this world. Seriously, all of you guys that live in Chicago/are going to go, I'm so jealous.

Extra noteworthy:
-Allman Brothers (!!!!!!!!!!!!)
-BB King
-Jeff Beck
-Clapton himself
-Steve Winwood
-ZZ Top

(I'll just close my eyes when John Mayer approaches the mic because I cannot stand that guy.)

This concert benefits Clapton's addiction treatment center in Antigua-- Crossroads Centre. If you haven't read Clapton's autobio, go pick it up. It's seriously fantastic and he talks about the Crossroads Centre.
Want to relive the power of Clapton & Winwood? Go here to watch some vids and get a recap.

What other guitarist(s) would you like to see at the festival?
For me: DAVID GILMOUR!!!!!! Jimmy Page? Santana?

10 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I'd like to see the ghost of Roy Buchannan, one of the greatest guitarists ever. And I'm with you on John Mayer.

Whizkid said...

David Gilmour. Dave Mason.

JohnnyG said...

Mick Fleetwood, Peter Green, John Mayall and Levon Helm would be nice!

Charlie Ricci said...

Hi Classic Rock Girl! First time commenter here. I can't find an email address for you. I like your blog and wanted to talk to you about it. Send me an email at charliericci@gmail.com if you're interested.

carolina said...

Eddie Van Halen!

kanishk said...

Roy Buchannan is one of the greatest guitarists ever.

Make Beats

classicrockforthesoul said...

Buchannan! Peter Green! EVH! Excellent choices.
Also hi to all the new commenters. :)

@ Charlie- thanks! Can't believe I didn't have my email on here somewhere (that's changed now- it's now written under "Post a Comment") sorry about that. Anyways, shoot away: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com!

drewzepmeister said...

All of them! More the Merrier!

Unknown said...

Peter Green is the only one I'd REALLY love to see. Maybe Mark Knopfler as well........

Sean Coleman said...

Let's hear it for Vegas Linda Lou!

Roy was seriously gifted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI18-BeVzMI

Post a Comment

Tell me something interesting! Leave a comment or email me: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com :)