Okay guys, call me temporarily crazy... but there were two performances I actually liked last night on the Grammys.
1. Lady GaGa & Elton John's medley of "Speechless" and "Your Song" - I thought this was really cool. And I'm the first to profess my hatred of Lady Gagme. But for whatever reason, this performance got me.
2. Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy" and "You Oughta Know" (Alanis cover) - I gotta rep my hometown girl. But really, this performance just rules:
Now onto the bad:
1. The autotune was crampin' my style.
2. The winners. I mean, really?
3. Taylor Swift & Stevie Nicks. I had known about that for a few days (Stevie was supposed to be a "surprise") and Stevie is my girl crush, but ohemgee. That was bad. I think the general consensus was that Taylor was off key for "Rhiannon" and couldn't really get into it, but yeah. I don't know. I don't think those two voices are meant to sing together. Just really awkward for me. But Waddy was holdin' it down alright! :)
About Classic rock girl!
I'm a college student who grew up two decades too late and missed out on some fantastic music. I relive those years through this blog, by talking about anything and everything rock music related from the '60s, '70s, and '80s-- with some of "today's" music thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
Check out my "personal" blog -- Dreams of a Lifetime
Check these cool blogs out:
- guest post (3)