Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy [Belated] Birthday to Randy Meisner!




Randy Meisner (of Poco and, most famously, The Eagles) turned 63 years old yesterday!!

Now if you aren't a big Eagles fan, you're probably wondering who the heck Randy Meisner is. He was a part of the original lineup (Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Bernie Leadon, and Randy), most notably singing "Take It to the Limit". Nowadays Glenn sings this song live in concert, and while it's not the same without Randy's awesome vocals, I'd rather have Glenn sing it than it not be played at all.
Randy left the group around 1976 after the release of Hotel California and after the HC tour.
Fun fact: Timothy B Schmit had replaced him in Poco when he left to form the Eagles, and then when he left the Eagles, TBS replaced him again!

On a side note... I won the contest that Layla was having! WOO! She'll be sending me this nifty t-shirt so I'm pretty excited about that. Thanks, Layla!
Again, stay tuned for next week as I do some sort of contest/giveaway.

Have a great Monday! Only 4 more days until I get to go home for spring break :)

2 comments:

Dan said...

Thanks for the interesting tidbits. Congrats on the t-shirt. Leave it to an 18 year old to beat all us boomers.

carolina said...

Congrats on winning the contest! Looks like an awesome t-shirt.

Post a Comment

Tell me something interesting! Leave a comment or email me: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com :)