Friday, August 7, 2009

Nerd Alert: Vinyl Album Frames

First, on an unrelated note, I'd like to say that I was saddened to hear of John Hughes' passing.
Not only did he help write some classic '80s movies (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, etc), but he was involved with probably my favorite movie of all-time:
Christmas Vacation.

My family and I quote that movie year round, and we've been watching it every Christmas as far as I can remember. The writing in that movie is seriously brilliant. And hilarious.

Moving on...

I had quite a successful day today at my local Half Price Books.
Check out what I left with (each about $4):



You can't make fun of me yet. I know, it's ridiculous. I cleared them out of all their Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks albums.

Here's where you can start making fun of me: I don't have a turntable. I can hear you laughing at me. But all I wanted them for was the covers, which I am going to hang up in my new dorm room in two weeks when I move back to college.

I then proceeded to Target, where I cleared them out of all their 12.5 x 12.5 black album frames (which happened to only be four).

Here's what they look like all framed! Not too bad for used vinyl.





All in a day's work. :)
Oh and if you're wondering why I have them propped up against the windows in my room, it's because my parents didn't see the point in putting holes in the wall for only two weeks. So for now, they stay on my window sills.

I'll be back sometime later this weekend so we can continue our favorite albums discussion!

P.S. Please tell me I'm not the only person that showcases vinyl records?!

5 comments:

Sean Coleman said...

I have a copy of "Live Evil" (Sabbath) framed and signed by everyone. Know what's really funny? Ozzy signed it, too. He had been booted from the group three years prior to its release. It hangs proudly in my music room.

Dan said...

I have a dozen old albums hanging in my office at work. Reminds me of the olden days.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Christmas Vacation, huh? You know about my girl-crush on Beverly D'Angelo, don't you?

drewzepmeister said...

I would like to have my Yes album covers hung up and framed. The thing is, I have a turntable and I still play my records!

Dan said...

Drew, just hang the album cover and keep the record/sleeve out to play. Just a thought.

Post a Comment

Tell me something interesting! Leave a comment or email me: classicrockforthesoul[at]yahoo[dot]com :)